Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Getting openRDF Sesame 2.3.1 installation with Tomcat 6 to work

After deploying the war files: openrdf-sesame.war and openrdf-workbench.war by Tomcat's web-admin interface, I encountered the following problem while trying to access http://localhost:8080/openrdf-sesame/:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission info.aduna.platform.appdata.basedir read)

I found a discussion about it here. Eventually I solved the problem in the following way:

1. Create and assign the home directory "/home/tomcat6" to tomcat6 user.
2. Create the directory "/home/tomcat6/.aduna".
3. Add the property "-Dinfo.aduna.platform.appdata.basedir=/home/tomcat6/.aduna/" in JAVA_OPTS in the /etc/default/tomcat6 file.
4. Restart Tomcat.

But this did not solve the problem. Then I had to turn off the security entirely which I am sure is not the recommended way. Here is what I did:

1. Set TOMCAT6_SECURITY=no in /etc/default/tomcat6 file.
2. Restart Tomcat.

Problem solved! But in an inelegant way. Does anyone have a better solution?

N.B.: lucene-2.9.2 must be in the classpath in order to get BigOWLIM-3.2.6 working properly.

No comments: