Wednesday, August 03, 2011

My Review of Roku 2 XS Streaming Player

Originally submitted at Roku

Adds an enhanced remote for playing games, plus extra connectivity options.


Roku rocks!

By Rusho from Bellevue, WA on 8/2/2011

 

5out of 5

Pros: Easy to use, High quality picture, Great value, Reliability, Compact, Built in Wi-Fi

Cons: Want more video choices, Set up bugs

Best Uses: Living room

Describe Yourself: Power User, Netflix fan, Technophile

I bought Roku one week ago and I am absolutely enjoying it. The picture quality is superb. However, I faced few minor problems though, most of them during installation. While I was setting up my Wi-Fi connection, it hanged in the third step (connecing to Internet) and I needed to restart it. After I restarted it, it failed to connect to my Wi-Fi at first and said that the password is wrong. I found the password to be correct and tried once more without changing any thing and it worked fine. Since then I am facing no problem with connectivity. The only problem I am having persistently is with the Picasa application. It cannot show any photo though it can show the albums with their covers showing correctly.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase.

(legalese)

No comments: