This was the first of this kind of experience to me. Suddenly our office was filled with smoke smell. People became frantic. Someone was shouting to switch off the lights and fans. People ran out of office leaving the computers open. All on a sudden, the staircase was filled with people. Most of them were rushing out of the building. A very few brave ones were searching the source of the smoke. At last, the fire was discovered in the 12th floor. A careless irresponsible guy has left his half-lit cigarette in a pile of waste paper and the inevitable happened. The fire was extinguished with the most natural extinguisher "water" :-). People began to return to office slowly. This was a not-so-nice but necessary experience for me. A good rehearsal for a really dangerous one!